The Bronze Level lays a firm foundation to build a healthier workplace.
- There should be a health needs assessment offered to the workforce
- The health awareness of the workforce will be raised, through three health campaigns or events based on the outcome of a health needs assessment. Employees will be provided with other health information on a regular basis, particularly around the raising of awareness of the major lifestyle risks related to cancer
- Positive mental health and well-being will be promoted, for example through employee support, training and awareness-raising
- Healthy food choices will be available (if there is a canteen, restaurant or vending machine). Otherwise a mechanism will be in place to ensuring employees are aware of dietary issues and healthy food choices and these will be actively promoted.
- The company must comply with current smoke free legislation and develop links to the local stop smoking service for any employees wishing to stop
- Absence rates and causes will be collected and monitored
- General awareness of how health can be affected by work activities and assessments of risk
- A mechanism should be in place for ongoing consultation and communication with staff on relevant workplace health issues. Where there is a recognised trade union this should be through an appropriate agreement with them.
- The workplace environment should be conducive to health and employee welfare will be addressed – drinking water, washing facilities, clean toilets, eating facilities etc.